Sunday, January 13, 2013

When will it end.

More and more these days as I get older and have less to do, I think about the image of my father in many ways. Not just the photo I have here on my desk, but the time that is going by for any hope that I might find a shipmate of his or a family member who might tell me who he was, how he lived, and where he is buried- Before I die I feel I have to find someone, or his gravesite, and do some personal soul purging. Tonight I wrote to a memorial website for those who served on the USS Coral Sea in hopes that he by some miracle, could push me in the right direction. I'm not quite sure why this has become so important for me to do, but it has and I try not to question it much. Not sure I can add a link in this post to a very poor video that was put together by a sailor on board the ship in 1989. How weird for me during this terrible video to get as emotional as I do thinking that my father probably walked through this ship and saw the same things I'm seeing in this video. The flight deck that I know he walked on for years and when I see it I wonder like a little kid if my father walked over any spot I'm seeing. How bizarre for a man of my age to get emotional all these years after my father died not knowing anything about me, and yet I would give the rest of my time on earth to get one solid day with him-

VIDEO